Eve's Questions
For a long time, I've believed that it was good to question your faith, because that's how you know you really believe it and you were just blindly swallowing whatever is fed to you. I suppose I still believe that to a degree. But I just read something about Eve that is making me rethink that...
...when Satan showed up in the garden, he started presenting Eve with ideas she'd never considered before. She didn't need to do all that. The relationships she had with God and Adam were perfect. She was Adam's counterpart and submissive to him. They were in perfect communion with God, their creator. Satan lied to her and told her that her life would be so much fuller if she had these things other things...he promised her happiness, made her believe he had her best interest at heart. I know I've believed that lie before. I repent of it.
...when Satan showed up in the garden, he started presenting Eve with ideas she'd never considered before. She didn't need to do all that. The relationships she had with God and Adam were perfect. She was Adam's counterpart and submissive to him. They were in perfect communion with God, their creator. Satan lied to her and told her that her life would be so much fuller if she had these things other things...he promised her happiness, made her believe he had her best interest at heart. I know I've believed that lie before. I repent of it.
Comments