Saturday
God loves me and using the circumstances in my life (both those I create and those I cannot control) to make me what he wants me to be. He's grooming me for a continued life of service, for an eternity in worship, in flabbergasted awe of his presence.
Just relax. My God is right here with me. He's been here all along (what an honor and privilege and thrill that the Holy Spirit would call me a temple, a dwelling-place!). He's not going to leave me or change his mind about things or the way he feels about me. All His promises are true. He cannot lie. God is love and truth and reality. If I would ask God for His perspective more often, He will certain give it to me.
Very often, when I allow my mind to wander, my thoughts go straight to the idea of a partner. Very often. I've become pretty convinced that a partner will meet my needs, absolve my loneliness, provide affection and affirmation. I will stop looking around and start looking up. Set your heart on things above.
Proverbs 4:23-27
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right of to the left; keep your foot from evil."
Solomon's weakness was women. What are my weaknesses? The enemy knows just pushes my buttons and will throw it at me every time.
Proverbs 11:25
"A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."
Just relax. My God is right here with me. He's been here all along (what an honor and privilege and thrill that the Holy Spirit would call me a temple, a dwelling-place!). He's not going to leave me or change his mind about things or the way he feels about me. All His promises are true. He cannot lie. God is love and truth and reality. If I would ask God for His perspective more often, He will certain give it to me.
Very often, when I allow my mind to wander, my thoughts go straight to the idea of a partner. Very often. I've become pretty convinced that a partner will meet my needs, absolve my loneliness, provide affection and affirmation. I will stop looking around and start looking up. Set your heart on things above.
Proverbs 4:23-27
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right of to the left; keep your foot from evil."
Solomon's weakness was women. What are my weaknesses? The enemy knows just pushes my buttons and will throw it at me every time.
Proverbs 11:25
"A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."
Comments